The International Food Festival is, for me, the best event of the year at Darden. I missed writing about it last year and had to give it a quick mention this time around.
A visitor to the IFF can look forward to an evening of all you can eat food from all you can imagine countries with great ‘talent performances' to finish the day. Last year, the Indian contingent beat over 30 countries to win the ‘Best Food’ and ‘Best Performance’ categories. It was a great experience being part of a totally different team challenge.
This year the event was even bigger with more prizes. The judges were select faculty and partners who lurked amongst the over 400 visitors. The official winners for the event were:
Best Food – Brazil & Texas
Best Decoration – India & Pakistan
Best Costume - Japan
Best Performance – Korea & Team Africa
Frankly, the judges must have had a very hard time deciding the winners amongst the great food and performances. I still can’t point out for certain which country was the best in any of the categories. The Passion Fruit Mousse was for me the pick of the day as I kept returning to the Brazil stall for more. I am anxiously awaiting the recipe book being put together from the event, this book’s going to be so much better than the casebooks.
Kudos to the International Business Society for organizing the IFF, such a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think my favorite part was seeing ppl dressed up in their traditional outfits - so many colors!
Post a Comment